The Allen AR-2 mandolin tailpiece was designed to be used as a retrofit on your existing instrument as a replacement. (works with Ball end or Loop end strings) The screw holes will line up with the hole pattern made by the standard stamped tailpiece. The end pin will still fit the old location with out any modification.
Jesse Brock plays mandolins fitted with Allen Cast tailpieces, TR-1, TR-3 and AR-2. He called recently and said “they made a huge difference on his mandolin, better volume and sustain, more open tone” (Gibson Sam Bush model)
- MADE IN USA!!!!
- One piece cast design (no more lost, stuck or rattling coverplates!!)
- Improved Tone, Volume & Sustain!
- Improved string hitch (easier string changes!!)
- Holes on the Allen model match standard pattern (no modification of instrument!)
- End is radiused to fit instrument contour better.