The TR-1 is the first in the TR – Series Allen Traditional Design. I have been asked by many over the years for a traditional looking tailpiece in one of our one piece solid cast designs. We introduced the first TR model in 2001. We have several variations based on our original TR design.
- MADE IN USA!!!!
- One piece cast design (no more lost, stuck or rattling coverplates!!)
- Improved Tone, Volume & Sustain!
- Improved string hitch (easier string changes!!)
- Holes on the Allen model match standard pattern (no modification of instrument!)
- End is radiused to fit instrument contour better.
The Allen TR-1 mandolin tailpiece was designed to be used as a retrofit on your existing instrument as a replacement, but will work equally well on new mandolins.. The screw holes will line up with the hole pattern made by the standard stamped tailpiece. The end pin will still fit the old location with out any modification.